Friday, March 28, 2008

From the train station

Since I'm waiting in the train station for my return trip back to Buffalo, I figured I'd kill some time with a blog entry.
I was in Albany this week for work, and am pretty tired from the pace of my week; it was endless meetings yesterday, and rush rush rush the rest of the week.  And it even snowed!  The end of March and it's snowing.  Depressing.
But, it's always nice to be in Albany, anyway.  It's a nice city, and I got to go to a favorite Japanese restaurant twice this week.  I lost one of my receipts, though, so I have to search for it so I can turn it in to get reimbursed.  The food is good, but it loses some of its appeal when 
I actually have to pay for it.
I'm hoping that this snow will be the last of the year, as well. I was thinking of SAD (seasonal affective disorder), and the impact it can make on people's lives.  I never really thought it bothered me too much, but when I woke up this morning and saw two inches of snow, I realized that it does affect me.  Damned snow!  I'm ready to break through my winter 
ennui and get to doing some things.  I signed up for a German class and a fencing class starting in the next few weeks, so I'll have some regular things to be doing each week.  Fencing, in particular, should be fun.  After I've taken a few classes, I'll have to record some video of me fencing, and post it.

No comments: