Sunday, March 9, 2008

My down jacket makes me look fat

Our good friends invited me and my partner to go tubing today, now that the horribleness of the recent snowstorm and blizzard has passed.  I was so excited that When we returned home from church, I immediately began preparing my tubing outfit and accroutements.  So, I'm typing this entry in two pair of pants, thermal underwear and my hoodie and my massive down coat.  Now, I know that it's not a good idea to play in the snow in a down jacket because of the moisture factor, but it's the warmest thing I've got!
I'm also wearing my wool kilt hose (minus the flashes); they're definitely working to keep my feet warm.  On top of them I'm wearing the biggest controversy in my romantic relationship: the foot mittens.
The foot mittens were a purchase I made about five years ago from some hunting magazine or such: hey are super thick weird little footies which are worn over socks and are the warmest invention since forced-air heating.  I love them.
My partner, Jim, hates them and imagines that they look like the cut outs of kid's pajamas.  He makes me hide them when we're sitting on the couch together; the few times I've accidentally grazed his foot with my foot-mitten-clad leg, he visibly shuddered.
So, time for a brunch of waffles, then off to go tubing!

No comments: